From: xmca-bounces@weber.ucsd.edu [xmca-bounces@weber.ucsd.edu] On Behalf Of Andy Blunden [ablunden@mira.net]
Sent: Wednesday, July 07, 2010 9:07 AM
To: eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity
Subject: Re: [xmca] comparing NewYorker images

It's been a great exercise Mike and rich with problems. I
think the idea of discerning a cultural message in a
collection of similar things is a great exercise in
psychology. Obviously no-one is proposing the *separation*
of thining and perception.

I just know I have problems with perception: I don't hear
the words to songs usually, I easily make silly mistakes
assembling equipment, I miss things when reading. I try to
overcome these problems, but I know they are part of my
personality. I guess I don't fancy accepting myself as a
generally deficient person. I prefer to think there are
different styles of learning, different "ways of working"
and this particular exercise really brought out a weakness
of mine. SHould I abandon all hope? :)

Andy