Re: [xmca] Welcome to New Voices

From: Tamara Ball (tball@ucsc.edu)
Date: Wed Dec 07 2005 - 12:45:26 PST

hello I am a graduate student at UCSC in the Education department. As
part of the culmination of out CHAT class this quarter
I wrote a sort of mock dialogue in part, as a response to the debate
over Anna Stetsenko's paper.
  and "performed" it with a classmate. I am still relatively naive
about many of the issues posed in what I understand as a debate around
  intentionality ( maybe in the Bakhtinian sense?)
   but nonetheless maybe
someone would want to peruse the enclosed:

You might say this is my attempt at a yes and,
Tamara

On Dec 4, 2005, at 6:57 AM, Lois Holzman wrote:

> Let's welcome some new folks — Lina Kostarova-Unkovska from Macedonia,
> Volker Bunzendahl from Denmark, Leif Strandberg from Sweden, and Vesna
> Ognjenovic from Belgrade, Serbia and Montenegro. For starters, maybe
> each
> can share some of what their work involves, how they see it as a form
> of or
> related to CHAT or certain characteristics of CHAT, and whatever else
> they
> think relevant and interesting to this group. Depending on how active
> the
> conversation becomes, I’ll step in to say some things about the
> US-based All
> Stars Project youth programs, and invite people to read an article.
> Lois

Tamara Ball
doctoral studies
Education Department UCSC