Re: [xmca] Educational neuroscience

Hi Huw,
You might want to look at Damasio's work a little.
Of course I don't agree with him completely but
he and Kaiser are doing some interesting work
with brain imaging and education.
Here is one sample from 9 years ago.
http://www.uknow.gse.harvard.edu/learning/learning003a.html

Robert

On Wed, Jul 24, 2013 at 11:50 AM, Huw Lloyd <huw.softdesigns@gmail.com>wrote:

> On 24 July 2013 16:45, Huw Lloyd <huw.softdesigns@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > On 24 July 2013 16:35, Wagner Luiz Schmit <wagner.schmit@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> >> Huw,
> >>
> >> Thanks for the indications. Any "recent" (10 years or so)  research
> >> dealing with the data made available by the knew scan technologies?
> >>
> >> Best,
> >>
> >> Wagner
> >>

> > Nothing that I've come across.  I haven't expected to find anything
> > though, so haven't looked with any diligence.
> >
> > Christine had some thoughts on biological developments a while back.
> >
> > *ANY* studies on genetic process are of merit here, I believe. it doesn't
> > have to be the brain.  Note that this is looking at "natural phenomena"
> > rather than artificial phenomena alone.
> >
> > Best,
> > Huw
> >

> Dynamic Systems Theory may be worth exploring -- I haven't looked yet.
>
> Travieso, Ch. 6, The Cambridge Handbook of Socialcultural Psychology, (Eds)
> Valsiner & Rosa.
>
> Best,
> Huw

> Vygotsky

> typically
> >> Engels

> >> line of

> >> research
> >> research
> >> 1930...
> (if I
> And

> >> huw.softdesigns@gmail.com>
> >> wagner.schmit@gmail.com>

> >> point out
> >> 1930

> of

> >> lpscholar2@gmail.com>

> change.

> central
> *theory*
> >> and
> change,

> >> Vygotsky

> >> ulvi.icil@gmail.com>

> >> Mind,

> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neo-Piagetian_theories_of_cognitive_development

> >> theories in
> of
> >> from
> >> >> >> >> >>

> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neo-Piagetian_theories_of_cognitive_development#cite_note-12

> findings
> >> in

> this

> >> for

> >> education
> into
> >> unaware
> >> subject to
> of
> >> the

> the
> >> sociocultural

--
*Robert Lake  Ed.D.
*Associate Professor

 *Democracy must be born anew in every generation, and education is its
midwife.*
*-*John Dewey.