Re: [xmca] Roles and persons

Lydia Bozhovich as a young woman went with others to Khrkov. There is lots
of her work now in English through JREEP.

I think both Hugh and Phillip are correct. She was writing during Stalinist
times for the first half or so of
her career. She was taking urban schoolchildren in Moscow as her yardstick.

A lot must be taken into consideration when trying to interpret Russian
work of that time and place as we have all been learning.

mike

On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 10:12 AM, White, Phillip <Phillip.White@ucdenver.edu