RE: [xmca] Roles and persons

Huw wrote:

The way I understand it, it isn't just roles; it's a social disposition.

And it's not an explanation as such, but an indication of embedding concept
formation within social realization (or not) and particular kinds of affect.

Bozhovich reads somewhat like an account of elder/single child in which
foreign ground is regularly encountered.  Rather than the experience of
taking it for granted that you go to school and find interesting or
challenging problems to present  -- differences in basic assumptions of
what "going to school" means, or where the novel territory is.

Which is one of the reasons I'm interested in her metrics.  A conventional
questionnaire would miss the point -- one would have to present the
"question" and then observe what the children do, rather than say.

So, no fear of too much simplification.  :)

reading Bozhovich, his assertions regarding development crises appear to me to be descriptions turned into prescriptions of universal normalization.

it reminded me of Perry's work on adult development that came out of Yale in 1970, a highly circumscribed vision of development devoid of cultural constraints/supports within social demographics, gender, sexuality, race - the attributes of course go on and on!

phillip