Re: [xmca] Ingold linking "figments" of imagination and "figments" of materiality as a single ontology

Yes, I solidarise with Anna's line of thinking. I agree with the quote and it is good to hear that others are taking note.
Andy

Larry Purss wrote:
Andy
I'm adding a quote from Stetsenko and Arievitch in the article they wrote for Jack Martin's edited book "The Sociocultural Turn in Psychology The Contextual Emergence of Mind and Self" The quote is from the section they title "Human Development as a Collaborative Process of Transforming the World" Therefore, human activity - material, practical, and always by necessity social collaborative processes aimed at transforming the world and people themselves - is taken in CHAT to be the basic form of human life, by which is created everything that is human in humans, including knowledge produced by them. Andy, in Jack Martin's latest writings Stetsenko's perspective now holds a place at center stage. Anna also suggest Activity theory must re-engage with "agency" and "subjectivity" as central aspects of our humannness that CHAT currently under theorizes. That's for another thread. Larry