Re: [xmca] schools-without-computers-by-choice-and-conviction-that-they-dont-help-kids

On Fri, Oct 28, 2011 at 4:47 AM, Linda Polin <linda.polin@pepperdine.edu>wrote:

> I was trying to indicate the openness and range of the possible in
> Minecraft, which doesn't sacrifice the playfulness that I find lacking in
> straight up programming except for people who enjoy debugging.

hi Linda,
Thanks for the Minecraft pointer, looking into it more.

Just a small point about debugging in Scratch. It's a visual drag and drop
of tiles which fit together like LEGO. So, the arduous beginners type of
debugging (syntax errors) is non existent in Scratch.

cheers