Re: [xmca] Cultural memory

That is a very interesting article Mike. Nonetheless, I raised cultural memory as a means to an end, and I suspect that the topic is not sufficient to achieve what I need. Over the deacades, Mike, you must have had many occasions to convince someone that artefacts which are products of a culture have an essential and not a secondary role in communication and social relations in general. What is your answer to
"interactionism"?

Andy

mike cole wrote:
Is the work of Jim Wertsch of any relevance in this discussion?

I tripped over the following for those also following this thread with interest:

http://www.collectivememory.net/2011/04/collective-memory-narrative-templates.html