Re: [xmca] Al Andalus as a model for *{ }*

As a serendipitous footnote. I was looking for a book on my shelves and came
across
Manicus a history and philosophy of the social sciences. Where had I seen
this before?

xmca I thought.

I googled Manicus on lchc and sure enough, came up with the following
fragment from an earlier discussion:

An interesting tip from a colleague.
mike
-------------------

"...a kind of historically oriented unified social science with overlapping,
non-discrete, connected concerns."

In: Peter T. Manicas, "A", page 214.

Spelling that out a little more vis a vis inter-tradition-mashups it comes
in a chapter on the americanization of social sciences and the way in which
its founders selectively appropriated what they had learned.

"They were German.... in thinking of *Geisteswissenschaft *as a kind of
historically oriented unified social science with overlapping, non-discrete,
connected concerns.:

A rhyzhome, a fungle entanglement....??

Certainly descriptive of the situation that we find ourselves in, although I
believe we are witnessing a variety of reinventions of the humane sciences
of the 19th century.

mike