Re: [xmca] activity (was concepts)

On 22 April 2011 02:40, Huw Lloyd <huw.softdesigns@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 21 April 2011 17:11, Martin Packer <packer@duq.edu> wrote:
>
>> On Apr 21, 2011, at 2:17 AM, Andy Blunden wrote:
>>
>> > * The quotes you give seem to confirm for me that as a unit of an
>> activity, "act" is exactly the right term for his use of "word meaning."
>>

> I would say that making a meaning is an act.   That speaking a meaning is
> an act.  But that the meaning itself is the product of an act.  Likewise,
> I'd say that knowing as engaging with meaning is an act.
>

>From Langer (L*), "Philosophy in a New Key", page viii and Jung,
"Psycholgocial Types" (J*) or, if you prefer, Hoop, "Conscious Orientation".

Here's a brief sketch of my understanding (if it's misaligned look at it in
courier):

Vygotsy          Sign(L*)   Perception(J*)    Judgement(J*)

HMF (social)     Symbol     Intuition         Thinking

LMF (Physiology) Signal     Sensation         Feeling

Huw