Re: [xmca] activity (was concepts)

Huw:

I can appreciate lurking behind the meanings of words.  I can appreciate
the serpentine action of weaving inside and outside the interplay of
origins; however, I cannot support that which strips what is within A
reality.  6" of snow in april is what it is, right?  So, if one were to
take a word such as 'poverty' and wield it for the purposes of camera and
media time is that a tool or a concept?  Methinks a concept is neutral and
only is what it is, such as 6" of snow in april.  Thanks to Martin I have
honed in a bit better on what LSV was musing about in chapter 7 when
discussing the merger of thinking and speech;  being that word meaning
evolves and develops due to thinking not due to the physical act of
speaking the word.  However, the quality of the word meaning in a dual
stimulation exercise provides a person with the seed of a concept:  Snow
in April can arouse one to thinking things strange and out of sorts but
then when told it is in Minnesota, qualifies the answer.  Tool use is an
association that can provide a person with the chaining of one idea onto
another but it is merely a quantity.  No?  Going back to the example of
poverty we can associate that with many other words but what is it that
qualifies poverty?  I can think of many examples as I am sure others can
as well, however, if one is to wield the word of 'poverty' then one is not
wielding a concept they are merely using it as a tool for there own
purposes.

does that make sense?
eric