Re: [xmca] Introduction & math ed. resources

From: Michael A. Evans <mae who-is-at vt.edu>
Date: Sat Apr 07 2007 - 08:48:40 PDT

Cathrene,

Thank you very much for the welcome - hopefully Carol, who sits right across
the hall, and I will get going on collaboration soon, once the dust has
settled from the semester ;^)...

Also, in regard to Vygotskian perspectives on math, I'd recommend a skim of
the following chapters in Koschmann, T, Hall, R.P., & Miyake, N. (2005).
CSCL 2: Carrying Forward the Conversation:

D.W. Shaffer, Design, Collaboration, and Computation: The Design Studio as a
Model for Computer-Supported Collaboration in Mathematics.

H. Suzuki, H. Kato, Identity Formation/Transformation as a Process of
Collaborative Learning of Programming Using AlgoArena.

V. Colella, Participatory Simulations: Building Collaborative Understanding
Through Immersive Dynamic Modeling.

https://www.erlbaum.com/shop/tek9.asp?pg=products&specific=0-8058-3500-8

Cheers,
Michael~