Re: The Intersections of Sociocultural Theory and Gifted Education

From: Mike Cole (lchcmike@gmail.com)
Date: Thu Jun 02 2005 - 16:38:12 PDT

I come from a tradition that likes to answer a question with a question,
Kimberly.
What, from a cultural-historical perspective, would be a way of defining
"gifted"? What
would change about the theoretical concepts one would bring to bear, for
example,
in thinking about effective pedagogy for gifted versus (say) average
students?

My guess is that answer to such questions might help you frame an answer to
the one
that was posed.
mike