RE: re internet and politics

From: Eugene Matusov (ematusov@udel.edu)
Date: Sun Jan 25 2004 - 15:03:28 PST

Dear everybody-

Dean's infamous yeargh speech after his somewhat poor performance in Iowa
reminded me wrestling. Thanks to my son, I had to watch wrestling for
several years. Maybe because of this experience, I was not alienated by his
macho yeargh. He sounded like a wrestler, like Rick Flair (for those who
knows him). I wonder if people who watch wrestling have similar feelings...
Dean's yeargh, like wrestling, has gender and class flavor (back to our
discussion of emotions)... It is very working class male yeargh...

What do you think?

Eugene
PS Several years ago my son designed a website for kids from Latin American
Center where I work. The site has been inactive for long time by now but you
may find a spirit of wrestling it captures...
http://ematusov.soe.udel.edu/kids.web/wrestling_welcome_page.htm