Re: [xmca] What new and interesting?

From: <ERIC.RAMBERG who-is-at spps.org>
Date: Mon Mar 31 2008 - 07:45:12 PDT

The big push in american public schools is to "close the achievement gap."
This means that there is a discrepancy in achievement when test scores of
one racial group are compared with another racial group. What is it that
we know about the cause of this and how many different answers have been
given in trying to explain it? Are we using the correct tool for measuring
the achievement gap? We have Feuerstein's model, we have Freier's model
and then we have the NCLB model. Seeing as the first two models are
outside the circle of funding it is obvious what model will be provided the
public schools in the U.S. My new and interesting thought is that given
the reality of how public schools are funded and that NCLB will not go away
any time soon, how can the 5th dimension research be expanded so it can
have influence on closing the achievement gap?

respectfully,

eric

P.S. Paula I hope you choose to introduce your new research soon.