Re: [xmca] Publish or Perish indices

From: Mike Cole <lchcmike who-is-at gmail.com>
Date: Sun Nov 04 2007 - 13:07:06 PST

It was interesting looking up Mind, Culture, and Activity to see who is
cited from Google Scholar searches.
We had an inquiry from a potential author today asking about our ISI index
rating. Owing to erratic
production in earlier editorial administrations we are in the process of
re-applying for such august
recognition. And it turns out that
you can help
    because
ISI takes into account the extent to which articles from MCA are referenced
in other journals.

Soooooooooooooooo...... If you wish MCA to flourish and allow people whose
intitutions will not promote them
unless they publish in cherchez journals, cite MCA articles when you write
elsewhere. And if you want to know
what is there to site, the "Publish or Perish site" will give you a great
list to choose from!!

Ain't the careful, contentful, humane methods of real honest to goodness
science wunerful?
mike