[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[Xmca-l] Re: Integral development of children
- To: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <email@example.com>
- Subject: [Xmca-l] Re: Integral development of children
- From: Rod Parker-Rees <R.Parker-Rees@plymouth.ac.uk>
- Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2013 12:23:34 +0000
- Accept-language: en-GB, en-US
- In-reply-to: <CABjfC8+y5J2ecsf9uK7ZaRXvNhSgyjPjrKYGN3OVVcJHe36rYg@mail.gmail.com>
- List-archive: <https://mailman.ucsd.edu/mailman/private/xmca-l>
- List-help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=help>
- List-id: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <xmca-l.mailman.ucsd.edu>
- List-post: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-subscribe: <https://mailman.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca-l>, <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=subscribe>
- List-unsubscribe: <https://mailman.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca-l>, <mailto:email@example.com?subject=unsubscribe>
- References: <CABjfC8+y5J2ecsf9uK7ZaRXvNhSgyjPjrKYGN3OVVcJHe36rYg@mail.gmail.com>
- Reply-to: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: <email@example.com>
- Thread-index: AQHO+x8TeRsoPIAsjUu+c/Wm88a0e5pYTv/Q
- Thread-topic: [Xmca-l] Integral development of children
I suspect that in some contexts 'integral' has been displaced by 'holistic' though this doesn't seem to refer to quite the same intention.
All the best,
From: firstname.lastname@example.org [mailto:email@example.com] On Behalf Of Ulvi Içil
Sent: 17 December 2013 11:56
To: eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity
Subject: [Xmca-l] Integral development of children
I searched this , "integral development of children" and what brought to me was some results from Ukraine, Cuba, Bolivia, UNICEF.
What is the matter? I think it is a very valuable thought since ancient times on the development of man , then during Renaissance and it should have a central place in 20th century human and child development in particular.
Is it thrown away and marginalized from the theory, thoughts and teaching on the development of children, in the developed West?
Does not it have a central place on the development of children in US and in Europe today? Was it rather emphasized by socialist circles in the West, in Third World and socialist countries and now marginalized within the mainstream?
P.S. By this, I do not mean something like integrated education, maths via music etc. I mean directly integral development of man and the thinking on this in the field of child development.
This email and any files with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the recipient to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient then copying, distribution or other use of the information contained is strictly prohibited and you should not rely on it. If you have received this email in error please let the sender know immediately and delete it from your system(s). Internet emails are not necessarily secure. While we take every care, Plymouth University accepts no responsibility for viruses and it is your responsibility to scan emails and their attachments. Plymouth University does not accept responsibility for any changes made after it was sent. Nothing in this email or its attachments constitutes an order for goods or services unless accompanied by an official order form.