[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[Xmca-l] Re: Ventriloquation re-ducks
- To: Mike Cole <email@example.com>, "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: [Xmca-l] Re: Ventriloquation re-ducks
- From: Larry Purss <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2013 04:08:54 -0800
- In-reply-to: <CAHCnM0CvLQy64Lc_KLZVtksh9zFAiwzeod7+ih_LZhX8XyaPhA@mail.gmail.com>
- List-archive: <https://mailman.ucsd.edu/mailman/private/xmca-l>
- List-help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=help>
- List-id: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <xmca-l.mailman.ucsd.edu>
- List-post: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-subscribe: <https://mailman.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca-l>, <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=subscribe>
- List-unsubscribe: <https://mailman.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca-l>, <mailto:email@example.com?subject=unsubscribe>
- References: <CAHCnM0CvLQy64Lc_KLZVtksh9zFAiwzeod7+ih_LZhX8XyaPhA@mail.gmail.com>
- Reply-to: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: <email@example.com>
The exploration of voice *as* ventrilocation projected within
puppets circulating around persons and personas in character are using
metaphors of the stage and theater. [all life is a stage]
I wonder more about the notion of the types of genres AND tropes within
which the persona and masks are actually expressed.
I hear more the question of *voicedness* and *multivoicided* expressed
within multiple *traditions* [genres, tropes] and it is not merely our
personal voices being generated, but the actual *traditions* speaking
through us given voices which
, are *returning to the conversation. I wonder how often it is NOT the
puppets ventriloquating as it is our anscestors speaking?
The question *who* is doing the speaking is a deeply complex question. Yes
our voices can speak as *intra* voices, they can speak as inner and outer
voices, they can speak as outer voices but returning to the discussion of
play and playworlds, our are voices also expressed within *worlds* emerging
in our conversations.
I would like to introduce a notion of*generous* readers and *generous
listeners* who in their interactions with interlocutors are also
participating with ancestors [and traditions, genres, tropes]. Generous and
generativity as reading that OPENS ZONES OR CLEARINGS of *care*.
I have been using the *concept* ventriloquation to express the truth that
we are all *crows* who steal each others egg words and fill them with our
own *meanings* and *sense*[David K's metaphor].
As Mike showed in the etymology of the word *ventriloquation* there are
many crows. However these egg words when transformed [translated] are also
expressing particular *traditions* within which the newly filled egg word
Ventriloquintation as an egg word is not making puppets or masks speak. I
wonder if it is more constitutive a process that develop how *I* speak.
This notion of 1st person, 2nd person, and 3rd person *voice* as
constituting new forms of *character formation [and new forms of