[xmca] Re: Luria - New Vodka Old Bottle PDF

And this is one of the principles of "Romantic Science." I'll dig up the quote from Goethe, but he was insistent, as I recall, that science needed to be opened up so that it could be practised by anyone without the use of either expensive equipment of elaborate mathematical apparatus, so that science could become an integral part of general social practice, rather than the esoteric knowledge of an elite (which is precisely what neuroscience has become!).
Andy

mike cole wrote:
It can be used by anyone with enough knowledge of the sources of the equinamity to be selective in the appropriate way.
Mike