Re: [xmca] Re: Luria - New Vodka Old Bottle PDF

Carol,
I like your suggestion that psych students should take anthropology
courses, and would add that anthro students should take psych courses as
well so that they don't see psychological researchers as a kind of
bogeyman.
But maybe there needs to be something more since this can create a Necker
cube either/or effect - where the student feels that these are two
incommensurate fields and that they must choose one or the other.
Maybe everyone should take a course in Cultural Psychology? (okay, that's
not going to happen, but it would be a nice way to introduce the concept of
"interdisciplinarity" in a more serious manner).
-greg

--
Gregory A. Thompson, Ph.D.
Visiting Assistant Professor