Re: Fwd: question about literacy

From: Kevin Rocap (krocap@csulb.edu)
Date: Wed Mar 12 2003 - 13:15:03 PST

Dear Peter et al,

Oops. I forgot one of the more critically salient references on new
literacies, imho:

Multiliteracies: Literacy Learning and the Design of Social Futures,
from the New London Group, Edited by Bill Cope and Mary Kalantzis, from
Routledge.

And then, I have not seen this book and do not know if it is any good,
but there is this book which claims to be both a theoretical and
practical guide for K-12 schooling entitled:

Teaching Multiliteracies Across the Curriculum: Changing Contexts of
Text and Image in Classroom Practice, by Len Unsworth, Open University
Press

In Peace,
K.