Re: Fwd: question about literacy

From: David J. Atencio (atencio1@unm.edu)
Date: Wed Mar 12 2003 - 13:15:34 PST

Hi Peter,
I would also recommend the following:

        Bolter, J. D. (1991). Writing space: The computer, hypertext, and the
history of writing. Hillsdale, NJ: LEA

        Landow, G. P. (1992). Hypertext: The convergence of contemporary
critical theory and technology. Baltimore, MD: John Hopkins.

        Lanham, R. (1993) The electronic word: Democracy, technology, and the
arts. Chicago: University of Chicago Press.

        Westby, C. & Atencio, D. J. (2002) Computers, culture, and learning.
Topics in Language Disorders, 22, 70-87.

Thanks,
David
        `