[Xmca-l] Re: Memory, aging and culture

Hi Mike,

I agree the question was quick and fuzzy, sorry. I wonder to what extent
the extended complaint on memory loss (especially loss of episodic
memories, related to specific events of one's life) by people who are
getting old in our current societies is related to cultural factors
(including social expectations towards a precise memory, esp. relating to
one's own life events, and anxiety to get old, including fear of Alzheimer
pathology, for example). We know that the way we sleep, our sleeping
cycles, are influenced by our culture. I guess our perception of our memory
performance and accuracy is also influenced by cultural factors, and I
wonder if some colleagues have been working on these topics. Which cultural
dimensions worsen or improve the situation regarding memory problems and
aging ?
Thanks for your help !
Best regards,
LK