Re: [xmca] Polls are closed: Manfred Holodynsk's article is choice

Michael, robert
Not to get off focus but the assumption of mirror neurons is that the
*same* neurons that fire when I pick up a glass of water are firing in the
person perceiving my action.
It is the notion of *identity* that is being assumed to be relevant to the
research on mirror neurons.
This *fact* is then used to justify a 2nd person frame of understanding as
an emerging inter-subjective framework.
Whether this assumption of the primacy of intersubjectivity  as 2nd person
frames is *justified* can be argued from multiple perspectives, but mirror
neurons are used as a justification for the primacy of this 2nd person
interpretation.

The notion of *expressive signs* AS *gestures* can also be used to support
an assumption of the primacy of 2nd person frames.
What is being mediated is the way gestures are *responded* to.  Expressive
signs as 2nd person understanding and expressive symbols as 3rd person
frames as developing FROM 2nd person expressive signs is one way to *read*
the function of expressive signs AND symbols.

Our recent discussion of Dewey's notion of *experience* also can be brought
into this conversation.
Larry