Re: [xmca] http://marxismocritico.com/category/psicologia-marxista/

Haydi, your questions are welcome and received with gratitude.
I acknowledge I am calling attention to "dialogue" and
"intersubjectivity".  I also acknowledge that I'm misunderstanding a
central core "essence" of cultural historical theory.
However, in the spirit of "questioning" I want to bring the conversation
around to Mike and Karl's exploration of the "gap" and a key concept
within cultural historical theory. This key concept is "voobrazhenie" [on
page 68 of the article written with Karl]
 The Russion word is made up of 3 parts:
 vo [into]
obraze [image]
(z)henzie [a gerund indicating process]

Therefore vo-obraz-(z)henzie means "into image making" or "the process of
making an image"
Voobrazhenie is a process of "rising up from the earth and returning
again", looking away and then recentering on the object.

Every act of "seeing" the world is a process which requires a "synthesis"
of information at TIME T and at time T+1.  These TWO sources of input NEVER
completely coincide and CONSEQUENTLY

the "continuity" of daily conscious "experience" IS IMAGINED.  The LITERAL
physical interactions [materiality] involve of necessity "discontinuity".
In other words, we can say DISCOORDINATING with that world is CONSTITUTIVE
of the ILLUSION of continuity in consciousness.
The FEELING that we are coordinating with the world.

Mike and Karl then conclude with the following:
"consciousness, our "image of the world", is a dynamic process EMERGING
from 3 sets of constraints:
phylogenetic constraints, cultural constraints, AND a process of
"voobrazhenzie" [evaluation]

The term "voobrazhenzie indexes the "creative", "productive" nature of the
imaginal arising because of the GAP caused by the differences betweem time
T and time T+1.

Each time we refocus we are refocussing on a different RELATIONSHIP [not a
different essence] owing to the MOVEMENTS of the person, the object [or
other person] and the fixating the object "in the blink of an eye".

HAYDI, in the article face recognition is considered phylogenetic.  Now I
question if "dialogicality" is also phylogenetic in its "primitive" source.
To me face recognition and intersubjectivity are closely intertwined.
Voobrazhenzie is foundational to intersubjectivity.

Now I'm willing to admit I may be misunderstanding the relationships and
the gaps in the relational ways of "going on together" and de-emphasizing
[moving to the background] the phylogenetic and the cultural historical
when I'm illuminating the "joint action" of Shotter. However, at the level
of voobrazhenzie dialogicality may be a central process of our human ways
of communicating. Yes structurally transformed within cultural historical
settings but always the illusion of trying to bridge the "gap".

Moving to the "macrolevel" where rage and resistance is contemplated has
its parallel at the microlevel where we are "permeated" through
continually "othering the other" and needing to retain the illusion of
continuity in our "going on together."

In other words, as Mike points out, we need to create bridges between the
levels, but the centrality of "dialogicality" may be as phylogenetic as
face recognition. At least its an interesting question.

Larry

Larry