Re: [xmca] http://marxismocritico.com/category/psicologia-marxista/

Hi Haydi,

I'm not entirely sure what aspect of this complex section of Crisis you'd like to discuss, but on this matter...
On Dec 16, 2012, at 9:27 AM, Haydi Zulfei <haydizulfei@rocketmail.com> wrote:

> Here we see lots of stuff dealing with and appraising 'phenomenology' and 'idealistic approches' and epistemologies . Are we really discussing a mixture of 'idea' and 'matter' as one nomad ? Are they identical or just distinct ? while our beloved is a non-stop believer in 'materialism' at the least account ?

My reading is that this is where LSV wants to cut psychology in two, and discard the idealist part. All he takes from phenomenology (and at the time this meant the phenomenology of Husserl, not of Heidegger or of Merleau-Ponty, which are quite different) is aspects of its methodology. He completely rejects its idealist ontology - that what exists are 'eidetic structures' (mental essences, in effect). The new psychology is to be completely materialist. However, LSV insists that this doesn't mean it will ignore consciousness. On the contrary, it will study consciousness as something material.

Martin