Re: [xmca] Re: Lytical

Mike,
A quick comment:
You wrote:

*without a lot of rehearsal*

You further commented:

"or is our ability to read in the first place invisibly linked to enabling
circumstances that are left out of the analysis?"

This question of what is invisibly linked but left out of the analysis is a
central question. However, is it possible that with lots of rehearsal, we
may link these invisible circumstances without knowing precisely what these
circumstances are??

When I and a student together rehearse a passage that is beyond the
students reading ability, I am aware that I'm not exactly sure what our
rehearsal is linking to. However, with each repeated encounter, the student
more closely approximates mature reading [prosody or reading AS
conversation].

The invisible circumstances may stay invisible but the rehearsal seems to
support the development of prosody IF this is what is seen as the focus of
intervention.

Larry