To: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <xmca@weber.ucsd.edu>
Sent: Thursday, October 13, 2011 1:09 PM
Subject: Re: [xmca] Activity and interpsychological aspects of CHAT

I guess I don't very much like the use of the words "education" and "training" in these situations. A bit like those places people would be sent for "re-education" in China. In Bolivia you say they are wanting to "educate" campesinos into supporting a type of irrigation which does not yet exist. As to habitat etc., I imagine Cambodian farmers would like the kind of wealth which we have achieved by obliterating the habitat. With so many conflicting interests, it seems to me more about power than education.

Andy

christine schweighart wrote:
Thanks for the reply - I was referring to the Fernando Gonzalez Rey's article on papers for discussion this month - sorry about that!
http://communication.ucsd.edu/MCA/Paper/index.html
It's not the same one as the article for discussion.