From: xmca-bounces@weber.ucsd.edu [mailto:xmca-bounces@weber.ucsd.edu] On Behalf Of Worthen, Helena Harlow
Sent: 02 March 2010 14:20
To: 'eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity'
Subject: RE: [xmca] new national curriculum in Australia: grammar as logic

To follow up on Steve's message, the Canadian Union of Public Employees (CUPE) has a remarkable program called "Clear Language"

http://cupe.ca/clear-language

Which is about getting contract language out of jargon into clear language. There are examples on line at the website above which show the difference between familiar brain-buster jargon and clear language.

Just think about what it must have taken to get this effort going, supported and sustained!

Helena

Helena Worthen
Clinical Associate Professor
Labor Education Program University of Illinois
504 East Armory, Champaign, IL 61820
217-244-4095
hworthen@illinois.edu
communicate/coordinate/cooperate/collaborate