[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: thread posted RE: [xmca] Learning Sciences / Science of Education
- To: Tony Whitson <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: thread posted RE: [xmca] Learning Sciences / Science of Education
- From: mike cole <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sun, 20 Sep 2009 19:46:19 -0700
- Cc: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <email@example.com>
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:reply-to:in-reply-to :references:date:message-id:subject:from:to:cc:content-type; bh=jfDVMaLwVYBugfAEF8EMe+2NLji95xe2VUs3+qwY//U=; b=GYuv7qI1n7x6cukSHGCtpBqfTiSfkrBiYJzdL6zvDWIkIwLoXREcV9cqaMlpI1gNLB X7REiJXMhVlFIoD6QhfeLt/gmC917Sf2jHGcmGX74RPC4Vn8ndWXvjk3uYxv3iWv8icb bhLNWpQvk9GRRjOaecuquWH85ZvlCWoVr8hio=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:reply-to:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id :subject:from:to:cc:content-type; b=UhRl/7HXVPR9genvUbckMZRSEnO6rOJ0PwbCY2OA8WqzZuYCc9HLPPS5nl7Ij0vLGc o8BTAzXytbJaKDwrHGRHez4R8RWmxRFZdNKvef8Uc8vnrCETBVi1C/3Pre0Lh/U7BHCn hg016rFgL6JFIcbKsPAZBi7iIt1wdVi2fXVwQ=
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com>
- List-archive: <http://dss.ucsd.edu/mailman/private/xmca>
- List-help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=help>
- List-id: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <xmca.weber.ucsd.edu>
- List-post: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-subscribe: <http://dss.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca>, <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=subscribe>
- List-unsubscribe: <http://dss.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca>, <mailto:email@example.com?subject=unsubscribe>
- References: <06DE1138582A4F42B4914EF7B3565E7A65AF098022@MBX.ad.sdsc.edu> <731CECC23FB8CA4E9127BD399744D1EC01CF060A@email001.lsu.edu> <3B19033D3E2EC34C97DF364119A79A61F53045@EXVS1.its.uidaho.edu> <Pine.SOL.4.60L.firstname.lastname@example.org> <F5C59557-EC21-4D69-9278-6D9F6234D4E7@duq.edu> <731CECC23FB8CA4E9127BD399744D1EC01CF061F@email001.lsu.edu> <email@example.com> <731CECC23FB8CA4E9127BD399744D1EC01CF068F@email001.lsu.edu> <Pine.SOL.4.60L.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: firstname.lastname@example.org, "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <email@example.com>
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
the outlines must be somewhere, if i cannot find it, i will pdf it.
On Sun, Sep 20, 2009 at 7:44 PM, mike cole <email@example.com> wrote:
> tony-- Editorial in MCA seems a good place to post your ideas too.
> On Sun, Sep 20, 2009 at 5:25 PM, Tony Whitson <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
>> Today somebody did a web search for
>> Lave's paper "Situating learning in communities of practice" and landed at
>> my "postcog" post at
>> In that post, I refer to Lave's article, but I don't have it linked for
>> copyright reasons.
>> I do have her paper linked now from
>> This is on a page that's just for xmca folks.
>> Earlier I said I have too much I want to say on topics in this thread to
>> do it in email, so I'd be doing it on a web page just for this group. I'm
>> still working on that, but I'm doing a lot more than originally planned, and
>> I don't know when I'll have it done.
>> Meanwhile, it seemed that it would be helpful to have the entire thread
>> all in one convenient web page. That's what I have now at the address above
>> with the link to Lave's article. I was intending not to post anything about
>> this page until my response page was also ready; but since somebody was
>> looking for the Lave paper, I thought I'd go ahead and share it now.
>> Meanwhile, here's a question about another source: In relation to the
>> question about formation vs. production, I'm thinking that a relevant piece
>> would be a paper by Lave & McDermott on Estranged |labour| Learning, which
>> is at
>> It's also now a chapter in Critical Perspectives on Activity: Explorations
>> Across Education, Work, and Everyday Life (Cambridge University Press).
>> Does anybody have a scanned copy of this? I'm pretty sure I own a copy of
>> the book, but I can't find it now.
>> Tony Whitson
>> UD School of Education
>> NEWARK DE 19716
>> "those who fail to reread
>> are obliged to read the same story everywhere"
>> -- Roland Barthes, S/Z (1970)
xmca mailing list