From: xmca-bounces@weber.ucsd.edu [mailto:xmca-bounces@weber.ucsd.edu] On
Behalf Of Martin Packer
Sent: Tuesday, September 15, 2009 5:01 PM
To: eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity
Subject: Re: [xmca] Learning Sciences / Science of Education

Fascinating discussion - but could someone provide me with some
clarification of the 'production' model (of schooling? of cognition?)
and the formation model (of knowledge? of the learner? Bildung)?

And is the claim that learning science is hegemonic with respect to
other perspectives (such as Piaget or LSV), or wrt schooling
(curriculum)?

And 'dissipation' of situative perspectives... In the sense of being
dispersed and lost? Seems to me everyone in cog sci is jumping on the
situated bandwagon. More co-opted than dissipated?

hanging on to this thread for dear life...

Martin