Re: [xmca] Interesting looking journal

From: David Preiss <davidpreiss who-is-at uc.cl>
Date: Mon Sep 22 2008 - 13:04:59 PDT

Hmmm. Curious that they deleted the culture word in the title. Why it
is that evolutionary psychologists need to get rid of culture? Most of
early evolutionary thinkers, and I am thinking here of classic
sociologists and anthropologists, saw culture as an interesting issue
to think about from an evolutionary perspective and maybe because of
it they are still interesting. Was Durkheim an evolutionary thinker,
for instance? Or where all the social progress theorists,
evolutionary? When these evolutionary guys would understand that
getting rid of culture does not solve the issue... and that culture is
still there asking interesting questions to be addressed. Wonder if
Darwin said something about culture, explicitly.
dp

David Preiss, Ph.D.
Subdirector de Extensión y Comunicaciones
Escuela de Psicología
Pontificia Universidad Catolica de Chile
Av Vicuña Mackenna - 4860
7820436 Macul
Santiago, Chile

Fono: 3544605