Re: [xmca] Improving XMCA as intellectual resource

From: Mike Cole <lchcmike who-is-at gmail.com>
Date: Fri Jul 04 2008 - 15:00:53 PDT

Thanks Bruce.
Here is a cut and paste description of what the programming team is
considering. If you have a better
idea, let us know! (Also, this is only part of what is being contemplated;
the other part involves connections to external data bases). All ideas, and
especially donations of programming expertise,
greatfully accepted!!

mike

"Generally speaking, it is a searching problem, and we wish to train a
searching algorithm and a classifier (basically the same thing).
Alfredo had a good idea of what this work was and what it entailed.
One important question he raised was how to bootstrap his algorithm --
and he would like us to provide us a list of terms, concepts, words
that appear over and over in the discussion, or that at least his
algortithm should be keyed to as a high-value terms.