Re: [xmca] Re-cycling the idea of a collaborative papers

From: Andy Blunden <ablunden who-is-at mira.net>
Date: Sun Jan 20 2008 - 20:45:26 PST

I'm struggling to get a handle on the concept of this collaborative paper.
It seems to me that the reflections of the veterans of Kharkov is something
that absolutely must be produced and may have a very wide interest,
probably wider than "Education and Didactique."
But we need a theme. "Learning and Development" is the front runner as a
theme, meaning the distinction and interrelation between learning and
development. Perhaps we need to establish some main headings and commission
or seek authors for topics??
1. Concepts of Learning and Development: Hegel/Marx/Vygotsky.
leading/peripheral, social situation, zpd, etc
2. Language learning and development: ??
3. Classroom methods: PPP, imitation, performance and collaboration, TAs,
PBL, etc.
4. Learning in Context: In school/out of school, formal/informal,
direct/mediated
5. Cross cultural: styles of learning, x-culture problems, ??
I'm just guessing. But I think it would be useful to agree some broad
headings and I think even a collaborative paper should demand that all
contributions address the common theme, viz., the relation between learning
and development.

Andy

  Andy Blunden : http://home.mira.net/~andy/ tel (H) +61 3 9380 9435,
mobile 0409 358 651