RE: "Unbelievable" guy at Indiana U, etc. Re: [xmca] Unbelievable

From: Cunningham, Donald James (cunningh@indiana.edu)
Date: Thu Oct 19 2006 - 08:14:03 PDT

A search of the IUB website turns up his participation in a workshop as
a visiting scholar in 2004. Here is some bio I found:

Oliver Curry is a post-doctoral Visiting Scholar at the Workshop in
Political Theory and Policy Analysis, Indiana University. He is also a
Darwin who-is-at LSE Research Fellow in the Centre for Philosophy of Natural and
Social Science, London School of Economics. Oliver is interested in
evolutionary explanations of behaviour, especially human social
behaviour. His PhD thesis was on the evolution of human moral
sentiments. The thesis used recent developments in evolutionary game
theory, animal behaviour and evolutionary psychology to provide a
comprehensive framework in which to understand human moral
decision-making. He is currently working on turning some of the
predictions that evolutionary theory makes about human moral psychology
into tractable experiments, and putting them to the test.