"Unbelievable" guy at Indiana U, etc. Re: [xmca] Unbelievable

From: Tony Whitson (twhitson@UDel.Edu)
Date: Thu Oct 19 2006 - 06:03:39 PDT

On Thu, 19 Oct 2006, Bruce Robinson wrote:

... > On the other hand
> perhaps we shouldn't take it too seriously as "he carried out the report for
> men's satellite TV channel Bravo."

I think that's right: the report itself can't be taken seriously.

but it seems to me folks here have been more interested in the conditions
that hawe provided such a reception for this. Lexis/Nexis and Google show
it's being reported quite a bit around the world. Jay Leno used it in his
monologue on the Tonight show last night in the US (although his joke was
about the "coffee-colored skin" prediction, and Jay did not mention the "2
subspecies" idea.

The "researcher" Oliver Curry was at Indiana University in 2004, I think.
Maybe Don knows somebody who knows the story about that.

I have a link to a paper he gave there on my blog. I may add other stuff
there soon. I'll also put up the cites for the only 2 things of his in the
ISI Web of Science. They are both under 2 pages; brief book reviews, I
assume. You can see my blog entry with the links at
http://curricublog.wordpress.com/2006/10/19/curry-subspecies/