Re: [xmca] Tom Toolery

I have to admit, you folks are stirring up my inner Sapir-Whorf
.....fascinating!

On Mon, Oct 18, 2010 at 10:20 PM, David Kellogg <vaughndogblack@yahoo.com>wrote:

> Nothing, Andy. That's why I want to oppose the ideal to the real, and not
> to the material.
>
>              ARTEFACT:
> Tool-artefact       Utensil-artefact
> (mass production)  (personal consumption)
>
>                 SIGN
> Signal-sign         Symbol-sign
> (thing-thing)        (meaning-meaning)]
>
>         MATERIALITY
> Reality               Ideality
> (percepts)          (concepts)
>
> David Kellogg
> Seoul National University of Education

*Robert Lake  Ed.D.
*Assistant Professor
Social Foundations of Education
Dept. of Curriculum, Foundations, and Reading
Georgia Southern University
P. O. Box 8144
Phone: (912) 478-5125
Fax: (912) 478-5382
Statesboro, GA  30460

 *Democracy must be born anew in every generation, and education is its
midwife.*
*-*John Dewey.