Re: [xmca] Tom Toolery

David, for those of us trying desperately to cling to this thread, can you add some explanation to help with interpreting those categories?

On Oct 18, 2010, at 10:20 PM, David Kellogg wrote:

Nothing, Andy. That's why I want to oppose the ideal to the real, and not to the material.

             ARTEFACT:
Tool-artefact       Utensil-artefact
(mass production)  (personal consumption)

                SIGN
Signal-sign         Symbol-sign
(thing-thing)        (meaning-meaning)]

        MATERIALITY