Re: [xmca] Obama's English (& Bush's)

From: Cathrene Connery <cconnery who-is-at ithaca.edu>
Date: Sun Jun 08 2008 - 11:37:08 PDT

Tony & colleagues,
I always thought an ideal example of pragmatics for the classroom would
be if someone artfully and deliberately baited McCain in a debate in a
manner that would ensure he'd loose his temper. It wouldn't be so hard
to do. Which is the point.....if he doesn't have us blown to
smithereens first.
Cathrene