Re: microanalysis of teaching/learning

From: Carol D. Lee (cdlee@northwestern.edu)
Date: Fri Mar 04 2005 - 17:24:00 PST

hi david,

below are some of my publications that fit the lampert mode:

carol lee

Lee, C.D. (2004). Double Voiced Discourse: African American
Vernacular English as Resource in Cultural Modeling classrooms In
Arnetha Ball and Sarah W. Freedman (Editors) New Literacies for New
Times: Bakhtinian Perspectives on Language, Literacy, and Learning
for the 21st Century. NY: Cambridge University Press.

Lee, C.D., Rosenfeld, E., Mendenhall, R., Rivers, A. & Tynes, B.
(2003). Cultural Modeling as a Frame for Narrative Analysis. In C.
Dauite and C. Lightfoot (Eds). Narrative Analysis:Studying the
Development of Individuals in Society. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage
Publications.

Lee, C.D. & Majors, Y. (2003) Heading Up the Street: Localized
Opportunities for Shared Constructions of Knowledge. Pedagogy,
Culture and Society, 11(1)49-68).

Lee, C.D. (2003). Cultural Modeling: CHAT as a Lens for Understanding
Instructional Discourse Based on African American English Discourse
Patterns. In V. Ageyev, B. Gindis, A. Kozulin, S. Miller (Editors)
Vygotsky and the Culture of Education: Sociocultural Theory and
Practice in the 21st Century. NY: Cambridge University Press.

Lee, C.D. (2001). Is October Brown Chinese? A Cultural Modeling
Activity System for Underachieving Students. American Educational
Research Journal, 38(1), 97-142.

Lee, C.D. Signifying in the Zone of Proximal Development. (2000).
In Carol D. Lee and Peter Smagorinsky (Editors). Vygotskian
Perspectives on Literacy Research. NY: Cambridge University Press.

Lee, C.D. (1995). A Culturally Based Cognitive Apprenticeship:
Teaching African American High School Students Skills in Literary
Interpretation. Reading Research Quarterly, 30(4), 608-631.

Lee, C.D. (1995). Signifying as a Scaffold for Literary
Interpretation. Journal of Black Psychology, 21(4), 357-381.

Lee, C.D. (1993). Signifying as a Scaffold for Literary
Interpretation: The Pedagogical Implications of an African American
Discourse Genre. Urbana, IL: National Council of Teachers of
English. [This book is published as part of the Research Report
Series of NCTE. Only twenty-nine books have been published in this
series since 1963.]

--
Carol D. Lee, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Education and Social Policy

Residential Fellow (through July, 2005) Center for Advanced Studies in the Behavioral Sciences - Stanford University 75 Alta Road Stanford, California 94305 Fax: (650) 321-1192 Phone: (650) 321-2052 ext. 315