RE: social relations and mediation

From: White, Phillip (Phillip.White@cudenver.edu)
Date: Mon May 31 2004 - 20:50:29 PDT

Ana wrote:

So I can only add to the three-way relationships you started to enumerate:
Person-artifact- another person (community);
Person -another person - object;
Person - tool/symbol - object;
Person - tool/symbol - another person (community);
Person - roles - another person (community);
Person - rules - another person (community);
Person - tools/symbols - roles ;
etc..

          for me, another perspective, i would emphasize the Person - rules - another person (community) aspect, since i believe that a big part of social relations is structured around multiple "rules" both implicit and explicit.

            especially when social relations between social classes is part of the activity, and even more so when the power relationships between the classes are involved. and within education, as with all social activities, issues of race and gender should be critically explored, I'm thinking.

phillip