Re: social relations and mediation

From: Andy Blunden (ablunden@mira.net)
Date: Mon May 31 2004 - 21:12:35 PDT

Indeed, also in my (hegelian) understanding of "mediation," mediation is
not limited to one or another side of the triangle. The activity itself is
mediating between the person and the concept or universal organising the
activity, while the artefact is mediating between the person and the
activity in orienting her attention, etc. and the person is after all
mediating between the community or activity and the artefact or personal
trait, it being the person's actions which give and sustain the capacity of
the artefact or personal trait to mediate relations between people.
Andy