Bakhtin: Toward a methodology for the human sciences

From: Eugene Matusov (ematusov@udel.edu)
Date: Sun Jan 04 2004 - 11:27:55 PST

Dear Bill and everybody-

You can read Bakhtin's article where he outlined his view on new
"subjectivizing" methodology for social sciences at

Bakhtin, M. M. (1986). Toward
<udel@www.web-ed.udel.edu/e-library/Articles/Bakhtin,%20Toward">http://reader:udel@www.web-ed.udel.edu/e-library/Articles/Bakhtin,%20Toward
%20methodology%20of%20human%20sciences,%201986.pdf> a methodology for the
human sciences. In Speech genres and other late essays (pp. 159-172).
Austin: University of Texas Press.

Please share your observations and thoughts while reading this short paper.

Eugene

US)

> > versus dialogic social science talking to and with the people (I with
YOU,