Re: Program decisions

From: Judy (jdiamondstone@clarku.edu)
Date: Wed Dec 10 2003 - 09:26:27 PST

Dear members and friends of the CH-SIG,

We received an unusually high number of proposals, both symposia and
individual papers -- far more good proposals than the SIG allotment of
sessions could accommodate. In an effort to accept proposals that received
at least 2 of 3 favorable reviews, I sought co-sponsorship with a number of
different SIGs and Divisions. Those that agreed to co-sponsor (or co-list)
include:

Division C (learning and instruction), Section 5 (learning environments)
Division G (social context of education)
The Language and Social Processes SIG
Russian Contributions to Literacy, Learning, and the Psychology of Human
Development SIG

If you submitted a proposal to the CH-SIG, but hear back from a different
Division or SIG, that is because your paper or symposium is being
CO-SPONSORED. The reviews you will receive will have been done by *our*
(CH-SIG) reviewers. Your paper, or, if relevant, the panel it is part of,
will be CO-LISTED as sponsored by both US and a partner. That will give your
work additional exposure, because it will attract members of both groups.

If you have not learned of any decision yet, please contact me (not Bill
Barowy).

Best wishes for days holy and unholy ahead,
Judy