Re: Re(2): Re(2): Words as commodity/client

From: MnFamilyMan@aol.com
Date: Sat Sep 08 2001 - 20:00:35 PDT

In a message dated 9/8/2001 6:58:50 AM Central Daylight Time,
mowen@rem.bangor.ac.uk writes:

> Eric writes:
> >Consider for a moment whether you are trying to get your student to 'buy'
> >what you are teaching
> No I don't, I want them to engage in their own learning.,
>
> Martin Owen
> Labordy Dysgu- Learning Lab
> Prifysgol Cymru Bangor- University of Wales, Bangor

Consider for a moment that when asked to consider a premise beyond the realm
of one's comfort zone the automatice response is one of defense and refusal.
Obviously the goal is to have them in engaged in learning but you assume much
when that is stated as a premise. Go beyond my first sentence Martin and
critique more of that post you so easily poo-pooed.

eric