Re: Student-as-client

From: MnFamilyMan@aol.com
Date: Sat Sep 08 2001 - 20:11:14 PDT

In a message dated 9/8/2001 6:59:08 AM Central Daylight Time, andy@mira.net
writes:

> against the politics of mutual manipulation implicit in the customer-service
> mentality as well as the old-world mentality of "teacher-knows-best".

Andy,

Why because I offer terms concerning education as a commodity does it have to
suggest this is a teacher knows best proposition. Understanding
person/context relationships allows for a scientific methodology to apply to
a learner/teacher relationship. Also, just because the zoped is a product of
this relationship does not meant he teacher cannot use past experience (the
CH in CHAT) to predict the zoped achieved.

Just because we are studying a topic as diverse as the human psyche it does
not mean we cannot take a scientific methodology to the phenomenon that are
it's properties.

eric