Re: everyone is doing it?

From: Wolff-Michael Roth (mroth@uvic.ca)
Date: Mon Jun 04 2001 - 09:08:12 PDT

Mike,

I am part of a large project ($6.2M, plus outside funding and
in-kind), looking at economic restructuring and its historical
impacts and possible changes in resources, mainly held at two
universities, and funded both by the Social Sciences and Natural
Sciences Research Council of Canada, in which natural and social
scientists, humanists, economists, and law faculty participate. Our
national council was very explicit that they did not want to have
research that just leads to papers and is valid in labs. They want to
have concrete findings that remain in or go back to the community, in
ways that the communities can do something with it. I think that the
Councils made it thereby very clear that the priority is knowledge
for the community/people...

Michael

--

Wolff-Michael Roth

Lansdowne Professor Applied Cognitive Science MacLaurin Building A548 Tel: (250) 721-7885 University of Victoria FAX: (250) 472-4616 Victoria, BC, V8W 3N4 Email: mroth@uvic.ca URL: http://www.educ.uvic.ca/faculty/mroth/