Re: 1987

From: Pedro Portes (prport01@louisville.edu)
Date: Mon Jun 04 2001 - 08:56:18 PDT

I most recall that I felt/was totally disconnected from CHAT after my
independent readings of LSV and what was available then with Jim W., C&
Scribner..
Trying to tie my interests and res. on parent-child interaction to zpd, I.Q.
etc .. And going to Peru for a year (87 extended to 1988 in a Fulby) to
teach educ. prog design and eval.

I focused on crosscult. differences but with schooled participants on both
ends, using c.& Bruner's 1971 piece as a guide..

I was most isolated and just discovering xmca, pissing off regulars with my
inept communicado's to mike whom I met at aera then, I recall his
encouragement, a flash of rare warmth, and soon after, this virtual comm.
made this locoa-ya'wlkle situ here much more bearable. In sum, I began to be
a prof. lurker round that time and xmca activity started transforming the
object of my soc. interaction research.

prp