development of rationality a la peirce

From: Gary Shank (shank@duq.edu)
Date: Thu Dec 14 2000 - 07:52:14 PST

the following two messages came across the peirce list today and i thought
that they might be of some interest to this list. charles peirce can
always be counted on for a fresh look at things, imho. i think his refusal
to privilege rationality as the evolutionary endpoint of human thinking,
and his insistence on error and infantile behavior, would sit well with
activity theory and vygotskian thinking. how far offbase am i? :-)

gary shank
shank@duq.edu