Leont'ev reading afterthought

From: Paul H.Dillon (illonph@pacbell.net)
Date: Thu Dec 07 2000 - 09:20:36 PST

Dear xmca-folk,

Now that it seems the last trickles of discussion on the Leont'ev book have
dried up I went back and took a quick look at the box where I'd been saving
all the messages. I counted 364 messages with 35 contributors (I know, I
know, I'll probably be challenged to do a recount!) I wonder if we could
get another text that might produce such a strong discussion? What would it
be? But then I also saw that not much else came up during that period. I
wonder what people think. Is it more dynamic when there are several
different threads going on? I remember someone having once stated that one
thread always tends to predominate during a given time period anyway. In any
event, it would seem that finding one text that is so central that it
elicits broad participation certainly does produce a dynamic and diverse
discussion.

Any thoughts?

Paul H. Dillon